epi Student MembershipRules governing the epi studentship
1. An epi student is a person who has registered by submitting an application form provided by the Secretariat of the Institute according to the following Rules.
2. The application form must be counter-signed by a person who is either a European Patent Attorney or a person acting as a representative under the provisions of Article 133 EPC, or is an employer, who is responsible for the training of the applicant at the date of application.
3. Upon receipt of the completed form at the Secretariat of the Institute an invoice will be issued in the amount of the due subscription fee. The student subscription fee for the first application is 50% of the current annual epi membership fee.
Studentship starts at the date of receipt of payment and expires at the end of December of the third year following the date of receipt of the payment.
4. If a registered student wishes to extend his/her studentship for a fourth or any subsequent year, it is necessary to submit a continuation application form in respect of each such year before the pending registration period comes to an end. Upon receipt of the continuation application an invoice in the amount of the due subscription fee will be issued which has to be paid within one month from the date of issuance. The annual continuation fee is the same as the subscription fee. Such a continuation application form has to be counter-signed by a person as indicated in point 2 above.
5. In case of non-conformity, the completed first or continuation application form have to be vetted by a designated member of the Professional Qualification Committee (PQC), who has to refer any queries to the chairman of this Committee.
6. The Secretariat of the Institute will supply each registered student with:
a) his/her own copy of "epi Information" as published;
b) Information about the training and tutorial events organised.
7. The Secretariat will exercise its duties with regard to the registered students on the basis of the contact details as provided by the student. Any change of the contact details is to be notified by the student.
8. Termination of studentship becomes effective in the following situations:
a) Once the European Qualifying Examination has been passed completely.
b) Termination of the pending period.
c) At the request of the student made in writing and submitted to the Secretariat.
9. With regards to point 8 there will be no refund of any subscription in respect of the remaining period of his/her registered studentship. His/her subscription to "epi Information" will be cancelled by the Secretariat of the Institute as soon as possible.
10. Payments must be made as provided for by the Treasurer.
11. Entitlement to reduced event fee
epi students are entitled to a 50% reduction of the fees for epi training events.
In order to be entitled to such a reduced fee the candidate for studentship should have paid the subscription fee either before enrolment for the epi training event or simultaneously with the payment of the fee for said event.